Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Luke is Here

Luke William Bunch arrived by C-Section at 10:45 this morning. He weighed 8 pounds, 13 ounces and was 20 inches long.

It is now 6:30 pm and we have yet to hold him. He swallowed quite a bit of amniotic fluid on the way out and his oxygen levels have been up and down all day. As of now, his oxygen is fine, but his blood sugar is low (though not by much).

We're not sure what the plan is - he will either stay in the NICU overnight, or he will go to the nursery and be monitored all evening. Either way, he's going to be fine...nothing is life-threatening.


This is Luke about an hour after he was born. You'll see the nasal cannula and heart monitors. He also has an IV port for injections to regulate his Blood Sugar.

They were giving him a bottle when Jenny first went back to see him.


Jenny is doing great...such a strong mommy. She's in very little pain (though she still has her epidural) and has been comfortable all day.


Sitting up to burp at Mommy.

Snoozing away. I go back about every half hour just to check on him. I think I'm driving the nurses crazy.


Ben stayed with some friends in Little Rock today, and they brought him up about 3 so that he could meet his little brother. Here he is looking down at him. Unfortunately the pic of him kissing him did not turn out...the flash upsets Luke!

My brother brought Ben an "I'm the Big Brother" bear and Luke an "I'm the Little Brother" bear. Ben was insistent that his bear sit with Luke for a while.



If you had told me at 8:30 this morning that it would be close to 7 PM and I still would not have held my son, I'd have thought you were crazy. Just goes to show you how complicated deliveries can be.

We're just thankful that he's here and that he's going to be perfectly healthy.

He's just the fattest little chunk! We can't wait to get our hands on him!

6 comments:

hannah said...

Praise the Lord that he's healthy!!! This is exactly what happened when Pratt was born. He swallowed lots of fluid. And was on antibiotics for 7 days. He was 8 pounds, 2 ounces. He was gigantic compared to all the other babies in the nicu. But I still worried. And cried.

If Jenny or you wants to talk to someone who has been through this, please don't hesitate to email me. Hannahfielderfulks@yahoo.com

I will email you my cell number. He will be fine!!! I promise. But it's hard not being with your baby. So, so hard.

Love to all of you.

'The H Family' said...

Congrats!! He's adorable!! I know you have got to be dying to get your hands on that sweet boy!! I'll be praying that everything works out perfectly and smoothly and you can hold him SOON!! Congrats to your entire family!!

Jill said...

He really is the cutest thing!!! So glad he's healthy and I know you guys can't wait to get your hands on him. Praying for as restful as an evening you can get while staying in a hospital :)

Kelley said...

Aaaahhhh, congratulations! I don't know you guys, but there's just something about a new baby. Done the nicu thing ourselves - always taxing. Hang in there! Happy for you :) Enjoy him!

Anonymous said...

So excited Luke is here!! I will continue to pray for you all!

The Proctors said...

He is so adorable! I am so excited for you guys. I'll definitely be praying that you get to hold him soon!!

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers