We've been waiting to post pics of Ben's Big Boy room thinking we would eventually get it knocked out.
Well, two months into our house and no, it isn't knocked out. It's HARD to do a room for a three year-old at the same time you're doing a room for an infant. Still, he's so happy and proud of his room, so here are the highlights:
The bed is from a family member. We painted it barn red for our guest room in Little Rock, knowing that it would one day be for our kids. When Ben and Luke are old enough to share bunks, this bed will be repainted to go to Lilly (if we're so blessed).
We painted the train engine above his bed...the inspiration was last year's birthday card invitation. His night stand is an old end table. My brother thinks I should go into business refinishing furniture. Actually, everything in his room is 60 and 70's maple that has been repainted. Since we didn't spend money on furniture we splurged on the bedding. We looked everywhere and everywhere and finally ordered it from Pottery Barn Kids. Queen quilt and two euro shams. The red pillows are just plain pillow cases and Jenny and her mom made the pillow. The center of the pillow is his smocked train from last year's birthday party.
I don't know why I didn't take a picture of his closet. It's a really good size and it has floor to ceiling shelves on one end, so all of his books are in there. He goes in every night and picks out three to read at bedtime. There are very little toys in his room because we were blessed with a perfectly-sized closet off the den where all his toys are housed. His train table is in the room, but not much else in the way of toys.

This lamp actually belongs in the armoire in the nursery, but I haven't been able to find one that I like for the dresser. The hardware didn't show up either. Guess after prepping for his birthday party I wasn't into details with the photos of his room.
Above the dresser is a plain wooden-framed cork board, which we painted red, with wooden letters spelling out "Ben's Art." He comes home from Mother's Day Out every day with some sort of art project. I love it.
AND...he's sleeping without Paci...praise the Lord! An accomplishment that we knew we would reach. An accomplishment three years in the making!
Happy Monday!
1 comment:
I loved seeing Ben's room. You guys should consider a career in home decor one day. Love both boys rooms so much!
Post a Comment