Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Day for Ben

Friday was Daddy and Ben day. I see us having a lot of them over the weeks and months ahead. He just doesn't quite understand what has happened to his little world...and I want to make sure he gets all the attention he needs.

The weather was supposed to be great (and it was), so I decided on Thursday morning that Friday we would head to the zoo. Membership has its privileges. The main one being that you can walk in, walk around for an hour, and head out - feeling as though you haven't spent a dime (I know, I know...you pay for the membership...but still. It's so easy.)

Since we were there by 10, the crowd was non-existent and we were able to get up close and personal with the newest members of the zoo family - the penguins at Penguin Pointe.


Jenny obviously was at home with Luke...Jonathan and Spencer joined us for the zoo...
Spencer's mommy is pregnant and not feeling well. At all.

How cute is this little guy? He was so much fun to watch. It was actually pretty hilarious. A year ago, Jonathan and Lauren just pushed precious little Spence all over the zoo in his stroller...while we chased a screaming, running child all over the grounds. Today, Ben was really well-behaved, and basically wanted me to hold him. Spence, on the other hand, ran ALL OVER the place. I looked at Jonathan and said, "Just remember, this time last year we were doing exactly what you're doing..and about to lose it. This too shall pass..."


Ben had worked up an appetite so we went to Chick Fil-A for lunch. What is it with McDonald's no longer having playgrounds? The only one I can honestly think of is in Hattiesburg...we stopped there on the way home from FL last year so that he could stretch his legs. I remember because the a/c was out in the indoor playground and I about died.

This picture is a little fuzzy because I had to zoom in on my phone...but he went down the slide about 100 times...a big milestone for him. He's usually pretty timid about slides, but this one was a hit.

After our nap Friday afternoon, Ben and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries. I bought him the Robots DVD for $5 and he has been belly laughing at it every since. I'm not even sure what the movie is about...what kind of parent am I? While we were at Wal-mart I let him ride the Spider Man Helicopter twice, and wasted $2 trying to win him a sponge bob out of one of those robotic arm things.

All in all, we had a really good day.

2 comments:

The Bells said...

Glad things are going so smoothly with the two boys! The new baby is just precious. And congrats on getting a sleeper. I prayed for a beautiful, healthy baby, but forgot about the sleeping part. I got what I asked for (and not what I didn't ask for!)

FYI: I think McDonald's on Markham has an indoor playground.

hannah said...

Yay for a good mommy and daddy who recognize when older brother needs his own, undivided attention/time. I keep telling myself that one day Pratt will thank me for the sibling...yes!? Tell me I'm right!? I'm so nervous.

We need to buy a membership to the zoo. Thanks for the reminder. Also, Benton (and I think Bryant) has a playground at mcdonalds. I know it's a drive...but it's closer than Hattiesburg :)

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers