Well folks, we're officially on vacation. Our first in two summers, and our first ever without family since we were married, five years ago this Saturday...
Jenny, Ben, and I left at 5:30 Thursday morning for the Florida Coast. Ben did amazingly well on such a long trip. He slept, watched Baby Einstein, and played with his rattles and toys.
Here he is taking his eyes off the DVD (Thank you a million times Uncle John, for loaning us your portable DVD player...and I'm afraid that if we don't figure out what Error H03 means, you may not have a working DVD player any longer...)
When DVD player number one crashed, ingenious Dad (after Mom suggested it) pulled out the MacBook from the back, and we continued our Einstein Marathon...
Once we arrived, Ben was all business, eating Green Beans in the condo with mom....
Dinner was at Pompano's. I'd give it a 7 out of 10. We enjoyed it, though. Ben cooed and screeched the ENTIRE time.
This was what I woke to this morning. After driving most of the way and leaving so early, I was asleep last night before my head hit the pillow. Ben was up at 6AM ready for the day...playing in his Exersaucer on the balcony, cooing and screeching at the passing seagulls. You can't really see the water in this pic, but we're gulf-side, and it's perfect.
First ever time in the sand...
He sat in the sand for about two seconds before his hands went RIGHT into the sand. Moments later, the sand went RIGHT in the mouth.
Standing with Mommy at the water's edge...
We have too many pictures to post. Would post more but the connection isn't too fast.
I spent some time doing one of my more favorite things...snorkeling just a few meters out in the water. I just float around in the breaks looking for seashells. The shelling in Navarre two summers ago was far more exciting, but I still enjoy it. Ben enjoyed gazing out to sea watching his dad float along the top of the water.
And for the speedo comment...well, I certainly don't own one...but one of the 20-something guys from the group of party animals located slightly near us on the beach today certainly has one. And after several beers, he dropped his rather normal-looking board shorts and revealed one of the most obscene things I have seen in a while. It certainly gave Jenny a good laugh.
More tomorrow if we make it back to the cafe to connect. Hope all is well with all of our readers.
Todd, Jenny, and Ben
2 comments:
Ben is so cute! Where were you guys in Florida? You know we're in Tampa! Looks like y'all had fun!
I love the pics and the blog!
We LOVE Pompanos!!! Yummy Yummy food! :)
Post a Comment