Greetings again from Florida. The weather's been great, the food excellent, and Ben has been a dream to deal with.
Friday night we headed out to Angelo's Steak Pit...pictured below with Ben and me is Gus, the massive Bull that stands in front of the restaurant.
Saturday evening, Jenny dressed Ben in his Whale shirt and shorts with matching bucket hat, and we headed out to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary at Captain Anderson's...our favorite Restaurant in Florida. Jenny's family has been eating there for years, and I fell in love with it several years back the first time Jenny took me.
Okay, so we subject you to the cheesy kissing picture...but we've been married five years and there are millions of marriages who haven't even made it that far. Sidebar...happy late 33rd anniversary to Jenny's parents (August 2) and an early happy 40th to mine (Sept. 1). Both are tremendous examples of a lasting marriage, and we're blessed for that legacy.
The three of us at the marina at Captain Anderson's at sunset.
Jenny and Ben at Captain Anderson's.
The weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow, so we had to take our last beach pics on our next-to-last night here.
It has been a great blessing to get away from life for a while...from work, from dogs, from mowing the yard and checking the mail to see which utility or medical bill has arrived...from all the daily chores that wear on our nerves. Also, it's been a great break from the 100+ temperatures in Little Rock. We've had some mornings in the 60's, and I think yesterday was the highest temperature yet at about 91.
Another joy has been my getting to spend so much time with Benjamin. I feel like I know who he is now. When we go to either of our parents' homes for a visit, they want to hold Ben and play with him all the time...which is great and understandable. But when we're there, it's usually my days off and I don't get to spend as much time with him.
When I get home from work, it's dinner time, then feed the dogs, bring in the trash, maybe we all head out for a walk around a couple of blocks, then it's time to bathe him and put him to bed. It's amazing that I can have such a laid back office schedule and live less than a half mile from home, but feel that I don't get to spend enough time with him. But this week has allowed me to connect with him. He looks at me more like he knows me now. Maybe it's from this, maybe it's just his age.
At any rate, I'm loving that we invested in a Baby Bjorn for me to wear (Jenny wears her Peanut Shell often) and I can tote him around the house, the beach, the office...wherever.
Right now we're in Starbucks and he's in his stroller blowing raspberries at Jenny and playing with his toes. I can't imagine loving anything more.
We're blessed...and we know it.
'Til Tomorrow, Jenny, Todd, and Benjamin
No comments:
Post a Comment