Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Afraid for the End...

Well, after about 10 days with virtually no improvement, Jennifer had yet another really bad day. John has stepped down from his store in Knoxville, and he and our dad left this morning from Memphis to head East and clean out his office and apartment there. They didn't make it any further than Nashville when word came that Jennifer was going down fast. 

She is once again receiving 100% Oxygen, a level that can't continue for long, and as I have heard it, essentially every life-sustaining device is cranking on full throttle. 

I am fairly sure she will not survive longer than a few more days, if that long, but she has hung on so much already that it is hard to know if she is going to continue on past this. As our dad put it, it's one step forward, three steps back, and he doesn't think she has any room to go back any longer. 

I cannot imagine what a strain this has been on her parents. They are in their late 60's and 70's, and they have been with her for this entire month-long ICU nightmare. As much as it will hurt John to lose his wife, they are losing their only child. 

Please keep us the focus of your thoughts and prayers. 

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I will definitely be praying! My heart breaks for her parents, John and their child.

Jill said...

We will continue to pray for your family & Jennifer's. I will pray that your entire family to have a peace that passes all understanding during this trial.

Lauren said...

Todd, just wanted you to know we are thinking about you. I remember when you told me your brother and his wife were trying to have a baby. I just can't imagine what it's going to be like for that little girl without a mommy. I know you all will be there for your brother in this terrible time. It really makes us grateful for all the blessings in life and makes us realize that nothing is guaranteed. Take care. Lauren Thomas(Kizer)

Katie said...

Todd, thanks for letting us know. I can't even imagine. We are thinking about you guys.

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers