Friday, June 6, 2008

Cock of the Walk & Keepin' the Sparks Flying

Ok, so today was sort of busy and hectic...started out mowing Jenny's Grandmother's yard. I figured she had either passed away or had gone to sleep with the TV so loud that she didn't hear my mower, blower, or weedeater. I guess she's alive since she called me tonight and thanked me. 

She hadn't seen the yard though, since she's misplaced her keys and has essentially been locked inside her house all day. Sad, I know. Even more sad that this is like the third time it's happened this week. 

Jenny was in the car with her yesterday and out of nowhere she looked at Jenny and said, "And I was just lying on the floor..."

Who knows. Anyway...Lillian's grass has been cut. 

So then I came home and mowed ours, Jenny and I had errands to run, we wound up at home for a short nap, and were going to stay in for the  night and eat a rotisserie chicken. 

The chicken was a result of Lillian yesterday as well, although we'll save that for another time. 

So, it was Friday night, and staying in and having chicken just didn't seem right. I mean, we've been married 5 years (almost)...let's keep the sparks flying...keep things shakin, RIGHT?

So I wandered into the kitchen and asked Jenny if she wanted to get dressed and go out. She was, of course, all about that. 

After I had showered (for the 3rd time today) I suggested we drive out to Cock of the Walk in Maumelle, and she was okay with that. Now, having never been before, for some reason I thought it was a nice, quiet place. I was basically envisioning the Maumelle version of Cheer's, but in the woods. Not at all what I expected. Loud, country, old faded I'm Proud to be a Coal Miner's Daughter curtains hanging from the windows...anyway. 

The food was okay, but the high point of our romantic evening out was our trip to Maumelle's new Wal Mart. I'm not really an expert on Wal Marts or anything, but this one is NIIIIICCEE...I highly recommend stopping in. We bought two fans for the house (again, the things you sacrifice in a 70 year-old home...ceiling fans being one of the biggies), refills for the Diaper Genie, and Milk Bones. 

Oh heck yes, the fire's still burning in our marriage. 


1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm sorry but I got so tickled about Jenny's grandmother saying that she was just lying on the floor. How do you respond??? It does sound like quite the romantic weekend....only in Arkansas!

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers