Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Fat and Thin of It

Well, a new year, and yet another attempt to lose weight...a struggle I have had since I was a teenager. I managed to conquor it in college, and even got to a point at which I needed to gain a few pounds. Then I met Jenny. All of a sudden, eating out was the norm. What can I say, she's high maintenance...to our OBU friends reading this, I can't tell you how many trips to Danson's, Burger Barn, and Mazzio's we made. Then add in the weekly run to OTB in Hot Springs for Queso and Fajitas...

Next, I tore my knee up, and running bleachers ceased. Then came grad school and late night eating habits, running to the Deli in our building at UK between every class for junk food, and on came the pounds. The first year of marriage packs on an additional 10 to 20 for most people, and I was no exception. Then we have the three-years at Truett with Starbucks adjacent to our building, and no matter how many times you tell yourself your White Mocha is nonFat, it's still got 700 calories in it.

So here I am, angry for letting myself get to this point, basically back to where I was at 19 before I lost all of the weight.

Our son, our firstborn, will be here in less than two months. This is crunch time...literally. My goal is 30 pounds off by our due-date. A feat I can probably achieve. The next goal is to have the remaining 30 or 35 off by my 30th Birthday in October. What a gift to myself. Lower cholesterol, lower BMI, and more energy to keep up with a baby boy.

Excuses be gone. Last night Jenny was really wanting Blackberry Cobbler, and I headed down Cantrell to Dixie to pick up some for her. And I didn't even dip a finger into it. She has every right to eat whatever she wants right now...most people who see her can't believe she's as far along as she is. I guess that's because I'm the one who looks pregnant.

Follow me on my journey...I'll keep you "post"-ed.

TB

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm proud of you Todd. I know its tough! I'm still trying to lose another 15-20 pounds myself. Weight is something I'll have to deal with forever but I'd sure like to work on maintaining and not trying to lose all the time. Good luck! I know you can do it!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you guys are blogging!!! I can't wait to meet your sweet little boy! Give Jenny a big hug for me!

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers