Sunday, January 20, 2008

No Way to Honor MLK

Well, tomorrow is MLK Day and all over America, schools are closed, banks are on holiday, and the US Postal Service gets to sleep in. Jenny, completely worn out and stricken with what seems to be a never-ending back ache, will be snoozing until somewhere around 10 or 11 AM. 

For those of us, though, who have agreed to sprint, lunge, crunch, and squat our way through Boot Camp, we press on. I'm down about 10 pounds, but I'm definitely in that "muscle weighs more than fat" period where my muscles are strengthening and thereby holding water, so I'm not seeing exactly the number I would like on the scale this weekend. Hopefully week two will not be such a shock to my body, my metabolism will kick itself up a notch, and I'll have an additional loss to write about next weekend. 

It's been really cold here, but no moisture in the air. With February fast approaching, Jenny and I are wondering if we'll see any snow this year. It's going to be really sad if we don't see snow in Arkansas after having snow in Waco on Easter weekend last year. 

We both have a busy week coming up, childbirth class on Monday night, a visit to the OB on Thursday, a new sofa arriving Friday, and our first Baby Shower Sunday afternoon. 

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Way to go Todd for joining the Boot Camp class! I've just started doing the weight circuit training at the gym and know how hard it can be to get back in that routine.

I was happy to find the link to your blog through our friend Julie. It's fun how many people I have caught up through the blog world, especially from OBU.

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers