Saturday, January 5, 2008

When Jenny's Away...


I always seem to get into some sort of trouble when the Mrs. is out of town. In the past I have hung ceiling fans, repainted furniture, etc. etc. etc, when Jenny has been away from home. Well, Jenny's in Dallas this weekend, so in true form, today was no less project-filled...although nothing disastrous happened. 

We are still working on the nursery. Today I emptied the closet completely and hung two lower bars as opposed to one high bar. We already have one bar completely filled with what people have already purchased for or given to us. Closets are at a premium in a 70-year-old house...this we have learned. We're just having to sacrifice our own space to not impose on the closet in the nursery. 

At any rate, his closet is up and running with room for all his loot. We decided to use another small chest of drawers to hold blankets and such, so I went looking for drawer pulls to match the armoire knobs I bought two months ago...note to self...inventory on that type of thing changes frequently. 

The chair has been ordered, and should come in within 4 or 5 weeks. The rug has been purchased and is being shipped to us. The last of the fabric should be here this week so our seamstress can begin on the bedding. I'm constantly amazed by all that goes into getting ready for baby. I guess if you were in great financial shape and had a few thousand bucks available at any given time, then you could just get it all done in a weekend. But when you're saving for the rug, then the chair, then buying furniture one piece at a time, it takes a while. I guess that's why God gives you nine months to get it finished. 

I'm thankful that I took the time to paint the nursery and assemble the crib, paint the armoire, etc. while I was without a job, or there is no way it would get finished. There is always something going on, this morning it was "undecorating" the sanctuary at work. Anyway, I'm staying busy, which is exactly the way I like it. More later. TB.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm glad you were able to get Benjamin's closet all set up! I'm sure the amount of clothes will triple in the next few months! That's a good thing though! And I'm pretty sure Jenny loves that you do so many projects around the house. It means she doesn't have to!

Shelly, OTA in training said...

Hi Todd and Jenny - I liked reading your blog. I will be checking back. You've had an exciting year! I want to see some pregnant pictures soon Jenny!
Shelly Statton

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers