Well, my quest for fitness and weight loss moved into the next level this morning. Immanuel Baptist here in Little Rock is offering a 6-week Boot Camp program, Monday thru Friday, beginning at 6AM. Now, I'm a morning person, but there's a definite difference between being happy to get out of bed, fix your coffee, and enjoy The Today Show and leaving the house at 540 to drive across town and work your rear end off.
I missed the first week, so at least I only have 5 weeks of utter physical hell to endure. The funny thing is that I am one of the youngest people there and it still killed me. We began with jumping rope for five minutes. Now, my excuse here is my height...it really is a little difficult to find the proper length jump rope. But, they were prepared, so I had to do it. Then we sprinted around the gymnasium, did line drills, jumping jacks, squats, pushups, dips, more pushups, ab work, and the cool-down stretch. In all honesty, it did not seem like 50 minutes because we were doing something every minute.
I lost 6 pounds last week, but I think my body is in shock at the lower caloric intake and is holding on to everything it can. I usually do better in week 2 than in week 1, so I'm looking forward to this next week's loss...
Jenny is about to pull her hair out...she's really uncomfortable and has been having a lot of sciatic nerve pain. She was really excited last week because she thought she might have one less student this week than she did last week, but no such luck.
At least next Monday is MLK day and she is off...I wonder if that means no boot camp, either.
Our bedding lady never picked up the fabric last week which means I get to make a call about that this morning...oh the joys of the Monday morning to-do list.
Oh, and we start childbirth classes tonight...WHOO HOOO! Breathing and breastfeeding...and FOUR WEEKS OF IT.
2 comments:
will be praying for Jenny's pain
i've had several friends do bootcamp before and loved it...i'm sooo not a morning person, though!
good luck with bootcamp...it sounds like fun!
hope jenny's pain gets better and she able to somewhat enjoy the last few weeks, days?
Post a Comment