Well, I was in the dog house with my boot camp comrades on Monday. Bailey, our Labrador, paced the floor in our bedroom (hardwood floor, pier and beam foundation, 110 pounds and long toenails...you get my drift) from 1AM to 4AM. Jenny took him outside twice, I took him out at least twice, fed him once, gave him water, tried to coax him either onto his ottoman or into the bed...nothing would do.
It was as if there was a tornado on the way and he could sense it. At one point, somewhere around 3:30 AM, I asked Jenny if she thought he could sense that she was about to go into labor.
No tornado, no labor, apparently just an upset stomach or other bug that kept poor Bailey awake. At any rate, I did not make it to my 6AM boot camp. We all went to bed, exhausted, at 9:30 last night, and I did get to camp today and I feel great. I haven't been getting a good read on our scales at home, so I purchased a new battery for it this morning, put it in, and weighed. Great news...I'm down four more pounds, which brings me down about fourteen pounds in fifteen days. Sadly, this is not even back to where I was at one "low" point in the summer...but I have seventeen to go to my first goal weight, and if Benjamin will stay put, I have a good five weeks or so to get it off.
1 comment:
Great job! Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment