Saturday, January 9, 2010

In Reference To...

The new title. And the unlocking of our blog. I know, it's a crazy scary world. We put in our facebook statuses that we're heading to our parents' or our in-laws' for the weekend and my mother fears someone will break in our house knowing of our absence and clean us out of all our worldly possessions. Or steal our latest copy of Veranda from the mailbox.

I agree, it's a fear-evoking possibility, but so is the fact that our day-to-day lives are so routine that any mass-murderer could have our schedule memorized in about a week. So no one is safe.

The new title, simply stated, just serves to open each of my posts. I hardly ever blog about the future. Most of what we narrarate in this cyber-diary is past-tense. When I write about Ben, it's not to predict how cute he will be tomorrow, but about something insanely adorable that he has done today.

I also want to start telling stories. I have a story for every situation it seems, and yesterday, as I was reading a feel-good forward as I like to call them, about a mother who burned a pan of biscuits at dinner, and a father - so full of love and adoration for his wife - who ate them anyway, something came to me. (Other than the slight urge to vomit...please, don't send me feel-good forwards)

Grandmother burned biscuits. And rolls. And cornbread. Habitually. I don't think I ever ate a piece of warm bread that wasn't absolutely scorched. Which brings me to my first story which, sadly, you will have to wait for until my next post.

1 comment:

katy said...

I'm glad you unblocked your blog, because I haven't been able to read it in forever! I thought that you stopped blogging. :)

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers