Monday, April 20, 2009

Do You Ever Feel Rich?

When we were in Waco, Jenny and I had Dish Network for about a year. We hated it. The signal came and went when the weather changed. And we didn't have Local on the 8's on The Weather Channel (sidenote...now we have ATT U-Verse and love it, but still no Local on the 8's).

I remember saying to Jenny when we went back to cable in Waco and I was able to catch Local on the 8's, "I've never felt more rich!"

So, what makes you feel rich? I'm looking for comments here. Just a thought for your Monday morning. People always joke, "It's the simple things in life...," but I think that really is the case sometimes. Finances are tight for us, and they are for most of our friends. We try to pay attention to what we buy and where we spend our money as best we can. But there are times when you just feel blessed to have that little something extra on hand.

Here are two of my favorite indulgences:

1. A 150 count box of glad drawstring trash bags from Sam's Club, tucked nicely under my kitchen sink. I hate twist ties. I hate any brand but Glad. And I refuse to buy these anywhere but Sam's because of the ridiculous cost per bag, so knowing that I'm well-stocked for the next few months is a beautiful thing.

2. My two foot-tall box of Gain laundry detergent. For the same reasons as the glad bags, I just love knowing I can start a weeked of laundry without running out.

Random, I know. But what does it for you? I'm curious to hear your feedback.

Have a good week.

7 comments:

Shelly, OTA in training said...

Besides the obvious (Family, friends, etc.) I feel rich b/c we have a deep freezer full of meat (deer). Fun post!

Hillary said...

I'd have to say when I buy the 24 double roll pack of Kleenex Cottonelle toilet paper. Love it!
And when I splurge and buy the $3.?? orange juice. Don't do that very often!

The Bunch Fam! said...

HILLARY...YES! THAT'S WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Jill said...

Um, if you only knew how long I've thought about this today...I finally decided...that I felt rich after owning our house for a year, we finally bought the garage door opener. Yep, spent $50. Don't know why in the heck we didn't do it earlier, but it was one of our better purchases! LOL!

'The H Family' said...

so random, but i don't think i have ever met anyone else that loves the 'local on the 8's' as much as i do. that is so funny! we switched cable channels for a while and didn't get the 'local on the 8's as well and i literally thought i was going to die. all is well with the world because i have it again!! sonic happy hour (way too often) makes me feel rich and HAPPY!!

Doug McPherson said...

My aroma of affluence comes from a freshly ground and brewed cup of Starbucks Fair Trade certified
Cafe Estima coffee.

Meredith said...

I always buy the store brand when I buy groceries, but Justin will get upset with me about peanut butter and cereal in particular. He says, I think we are ok enough to buy JIFF and Total Raisin Bran-ha! To me that means we're "rich" :) Oh, and I think we must be "rich" when I see the amounts of clothing coming out of our washer/dryer and into the boys' closets.

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers