Wednesday, July 16, 2008

REAL FOOD!!!

Okay, so the first four months have gone by entirely too fast. Benjamin turned 4 months on Saturday. While I was away at camp with my 4th, 5th, and 6th graders, he had his 4 month checkup with our pediatrician, who started him on rice cereal. Of course, Jenny waited until I returned home so I could be there for his first meal.

He had no hesitation whatsoever. Tonight, before we fed him his first big boy meal, Jenny and I went to dinner at Macaroni Grill. Ben was a little fussy so I held him while I ate. He all but reached out for my pasta on more than one occasion. He was completely ready for a change of pace.


Thankfully Jenny's friend Sarah had given us some
vinyl bibs.

A little dribblage...


On another note, he had a really good checkup at the pediatrician's office. He is in the 80th percentile on height and weight, which is good to know because he seems really big. At least he's not breaking any sort of records.

His head circumference is in the 70th percentile. Poor little guy just hasn't had much speed there. I think he was at the 30th at birth, the 50th at 2 months, and now he's up to 70.

She also told Jenny that he is very "personable..."

Well, DUH. Have you met his Daddy? Because his Daddy has never met a stranger. Nor have either of his grandfathers, his uncle John, or his great-grandfather PoppyB.

He joins quite a heritage of breeze shooters.

2 comments:

tiffanydavlin said...

What a cutie pie! Look at those big beautiful eyes! :)

Jill said...

Ha!!! Big boy food is so much better than boring milk all day!!! He is too cute...Eli said he misses him...we may have to pop by again soon!!!

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers