However...it's a little different when people are interested in YOUR stuff, and are willing to pay a price for it.
A couple of years ago, I broke (or so I thought) the flip-back door on the center pocket of my Accord (can we say MISS that car now that gas is 4.00?) So I decided not to pay the Honda dealership 250.00 to replace it, and purchase one from an individual on eBay. When I removed it, I realized that it was able to be fixed with ease, so I had an extra center pocket.
This past spring I re-sold the center pocket, along with several odd pieces of Sterling that we received for wedding presents. We'll never complete the sets. My grandmother has a set I can inherit should we decide to. My mother has a set that she would probably give me rather than have to polish. So, I made about 400.00 on the Silver pieces and the Center Pocket.
Now I'm back at it. We're selling our bed...bought it at Bombay in the fall and have just never really liked it; our treadmill...bought it 2 years ago and - shockingly - never use it; and our living room rug...a massive Oriental piece my parents bought and didn't want.
All of these items are large and are listed as Local Pickup Only. However...not everyone reads all the information, nor do they follow directions. I have responded to several emails on the bed and the treadmill, all asking if we ship to Canada. HELLO...Can you imagine the cost to ship a full-sized treadmill to Toronto? Or an iron bed to Halifax?
Why don't people read things all of the way through?
No comments:
Post a Comment