We have about two hundred pictures from the hospital. And we have pictures of him in his car seat, and coming in the house the first time, meeting the dogs, etc. I just haven't loaded them yet.
And I hear some of you already, saying, "well, in the time he took to write this explanation of why there are no pictures...we could have pictures."
The fact of the matter is simply this - I am sitting in the bed typing, and too exhausted to go find the camera, take out the card, and so on and so forth. I'm sleeping in the guest room this week while Jenny's mom is here. And that's a good thing, I know, since I would likely not get any sleep in the room with Benjamin and the baby...I had seven hours of sleep last night and still feel as though my head could roll off my shoulders at any given moment.
And besides, it's difficult to take pictures of the little guy when he spends all day latched onto Mommy's boobies. Seriously. The kid never stops eating. He'll eat for 30 minutes, burp, eat for another 30 minutes, poop, we'll change the diaper, he'll poop again, we'll change again, he'll eat for another 30 minutes, then nap for about 15 minutes before we start the whole cycle over again. And again. And again. And I'm falling asleep as I type................................
4 comments:
Ha!!! Welcome to parenting 101!!! Don't worry about keeping the blogworld happy with pictures just yet! In no time at all, you won't be able to stop loading all the adorable pictures of your precious baby!!!
Ahh, welcome to the world of parenting!! And when you consider how tired you are... think of poor Jenny! It is truly exhausting... but it does get better. And I am saying that as someone who was up last night from 2:45 - 3:45, then at 5:30, then at 6, then finally at 7. :) I think your body just learns to adjust. (And last night was abnormal for Kendra, she usually sleeps better than that!
oh my...too funny! i am sure the schedule will get better. glad he is home!!
Ha! Love it!
I'm glad Debbie is there to help out. I'll cut you some slack on the pictures...for now! Don't make a habit of taking so long! This coming from the girl who has yet to post weekend pictures. You're right, sometimes it is just too much work!
Post a Comment