Sunday, March 23, 2008

Life in the Bunch House...The First Week Home.

Well, we've officially been home one week, and it's been pretty great so far. Jenny's mom stayed with us through Wednesday night. She cooked, cleaned, did laundry, and all the other mother-of-the-mother things. Benjamin's Bunch grandparents came on Thursday, and were very excited to see him again.

His Great Grandmother Williams has come by, his second cousins Wendy and Lana popped in, as well as friends from church, his great aunt Carolyn, the Davlins - our friends from Waco, and 4 out of the 6 of his mom's fruity friends...Suzanne on Wednesday (bearing all sorts of gifts of course); Katie on Tuesday (who brought Benjamin a Red Hog Onesie); and Laura on Friday (who also brought Ben a Hog T-shirt, this one white...he's going to be ready for his first War Memorial experience this fall!).

Auntie Suzanne (Duncan Bartolomei)- the "First Fruit" to see Benjamin - here in the
hospital when he was about 6 hours old. Suze also
popped by the house this week - where was the camera then?

Benjamin in his Easter outfit today.



Benjamin met his second cousin, Harrison. His mom

is Todd's first cousin Ashley. Benjamin and Harrison were

born in the same town on the same day, weighing

8 pounds 4 ounces and 10 pounds 2 ounces, respectively.

Harrison lives just down the road in Hillcrest, and he and Benjamin are going to

be best buds, and laugh at their Dad and Mom's crazy antics

growing up in the Bunch family.





Grammy popped down from Jonesboro to continue falling in

love with Benjamin on Thursday. Granddad came too, although he

thinks he might love Ben more than Grammy does.



The Easter sun today was too much for Ben.

Thanks to our family friend Robin for giving

us his first Easter outfit.



Ben slept through his first meeting with his

other best bud, Zach. Zach's mom, Fruity Katie, is one of

Benjamin's mom's oldest and closest friends. Zach beat Benjamin's arrival

by nearly 4 months, but at least they'll be in the same grade.

Auntie Laura, another Fruity, came in from Dallas for Easter, and

of course to meet little Benjamin and see how much Zach has grown.


4 comments:

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

cute pictures! The fruits crack me up! love that he already has a great group of friends already!

Jill said...

How sweet is he?!?! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful Easter, I can't wait to meet little Ben!!

Hillary said...

I'm so jealous I wasn't there with Katie, Zach, and Laura! I am glad I at least got to meet Benjamin before they did! :) I'll be in Little Rock this weekend so if y'all are up for a visit I might come by. I'll call first!

tiffanydavlin said...

It was so good to see you guys this past weekend! And it was good to meet 2 of the 'fruities' finally ;)

Hope to see ya'll again soon! We miss ya'll!!

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers