Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Delivered.

After a rapid progression from 1 to 10 cm, a successful epidural placement, and 45 minutes of pushing, Benjamin John Bunch arrived today at 12:51 PM. 
Ben weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces, and was 20 and 3/4 inches long. 
We had a problematic delivery, as his head was large, his shoulders lodged, and his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. Jenny had a pretty severe complication due to the head and shoulder delivery as well. Due to his final position and cord placement, Benjamin was not immediately okay, and we spent the next 20 minutes with Jenny being sutured while Benjamin was being worked on.


 

It was absolutely the hardest thing I have ever had to watch, and I am completely emotionally drained having been present for all of it. 
Mom and Baby are doing remarkably well. Jenny is still on pain medication through her epidural catheter and will remain on it until Thursday. We will not be going home until Friday because of Jenny's condition. 


He has taken to his feedings like a duck to water...it's amazing to watch. 

Enjoy the pictures from today, and I'll write more as I can. 

Thanks to each and every one of you who prayed for us today. Join us in a prayer of thanksgiving for this perfect creation. 

8 comments:

Hillary said...

I am soooo happy he is here and mom and the babe are doing well!!! I am planning to come by on Saturday to see the little tyke but I will call first. J might not be up for company yet! And if need be I can leave Josh at home!
Congrats, daddy!

The Proctors said...

He is beautiful!!! So happy for you two!! I can't wait to see more pictures. Congratulations you guys and enjoy every minute! They grow so fast!!!

Jill said...

What an eventful day! I'm so thankful that all three of you guys are doing well...and he is quite a beautiful baby!!! We love you guys!!!

Alyssa said...

I'm so glad Ben and Jenny are well! I know those moments can be excrutiatingly hard to endure. Praying for you all!

katy said...

Congratulations on a healthy baby boy! I am glad to hear that things are going well now, I know how hard it can be to have a lot of pain following delivery, fortunately, it fades quickly enough. My prayers are with you all!

Shelly, OTA in training said...

Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby and I'm glad everyone is okay now. I hope Jenny feels better soon. Enjoy the ride! Parenthood is wonderful.

The Nelson Family said...

Wow! I am so glad that everyone is doing well. Congratulations Todd & Jenny! We'll continue praying for you guys as you get settle in with your new addition!!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

so glad things are going well in spite of everything. he is a beautiful baby and i can't wait to see more pictures!

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers