Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Anybody know the whereabouts of the Breast Pump?

Okay, so this is hilarious. At least it is to us...

Somewhere around the first of the year, and a few days after we had registered at Target, Babies-r-Us, The Toggery, All Thu the House, and The Stork Stop, we began discussing what type of breast pump we might need.

We consulted some of our friends, three to be exact, and asked the moms what brand of pump they bought (for those of you who are new to the concept, as I was, the price range in pumps is staggering...). We asked three different new moms - one who works full time, one who is in grad school full time, and one who is a full-time stay at home mom - and the consensus was unanimous...if you have to buy a pump, you get the good one.

So, we immediately logged onto our Target registry and Babies-r-Us registry, and added the Medela Pump InStyle to our lists.

Within a few days, it was marked as fulfilled...

Now who, might I ask, would buy someone a breast pump?

Initially we thought it was Grammy Bunch. But we checked, and she said no.

Then we thought, it must have been Pippi (Granny Tidball). "No," Pippi insisted, "Not me."

Hmmh. Maybe the hostesses to one of our showers...an extravagant shower gift, and a little odd, but maybe...

So, two out of three showers pass by, and no pump. Lots of terrific gifts for sure, but no pump.

So, my curiousity gets the better of me. Thinking that I might have inadvertantly marked the item as fulfilled in our Target registry, I call the 800-number for the Target Registry Hotline. I thought maybe if they could give me a date as to when it was purchased or marked as fulfilled, I could figure something out...

They couldn't give me a date. All they could do was tell me that it was purchased in West Little Rock.

WEIRD!

So, here we are, nearing d-day, and no pump. We're eternally greatful to anyone who might have bought it, but we're also about to go and buy another one since we haven't received it.

So, to whoever bought it, what on earth are you waiting for???

Maybe one of our scatterbrained grandparents purchased it, and will one day stumble across it, hidden high in a closet. Until then, drop it by the house if you have it!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

You STILL don't have it? I thought for sure you'd receive it! That's crazy that it was bought in W. LR and still a no show! Maybe someone bought it for you and decided to keep it for themself! Goodness, I hope not! Good luck locating it!

Alyssa said...

Did this blog post help it show up?

Jill said...

You know what....go buy the pump, and hopefully whoever bought it for you will remember, and you can return it. TRUST ME...you will want this and it's better to have it before you need it. You'll want to read the instructions before little Ben gets here...and I agree with the prefered pump...it's the best.

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers