Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Well, Valentine's Day was as romantic as it could possibly be with an uncomfortable wife who is 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant. It wasn't a surprise to either of them, but my buddy Jonathan and I gave the wives 1 hour massages at Caracalla - Lauren got a regular massage and Jenny a prenatal - while Jonathan and I cooked dinner for them here at our house. 

It was a fun night...just hanging out and eating and talking. Jenny and Lauren both asked us for massages every day for the remainder of their lives. 

Jenny did have one surprise, though. The baby bedding is finished and was in place by the time she came home. We're really pleased with the look and detail that went into it. Our seamstress was really great, and even made us a pillow (that we are going to have monogrammed) as a gift to us. Here's a picture of how it looks. And another cool thing...she made the crib skirt in sections and attached velcro strips to the body of it so it can be moved up as the crib is lowered...who would have thought?

I'll spend some time and take more pictures in a few days when we have the room completely finished. Right now our changing table is piled up with stuff. 

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

So cute!

But, Todd, why on Earth were you awake at 4:55am to post?

The Bunch Fam! said...

apparently the post shows I was up at 4:55 am to post...must be glitch...I was fast asleep by 10:30.

Meredith said...

The bedding is so sweet. It looks very peaceful.

The Proctors said...

I love the bedding!! Very nice that it has velcro strips!! Can't wait to see little Benjamin in his crib! He will love it!

tiffanydavlin said...

Awww! I love it!

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers