Thursday, February 7, 2008

She's Sick...I'm Tired

Well, the flu has struck Casa de Bunch. At least 50% of the residents of the Casa...

Jenny awoke Wednesday morning at 1 AM shivering and complaining of being cold. Instantly, I knew. She hasn't been cold in eight months...why start now. 

I opened the night stand drawer and pulled out our thermometer. Temp was 98.6. I put my hand on her head, and knew very, very well that our thermometer was malfunctioning. 

So, 1 AM, need a thermometer...need a thermometer...need a thermometer...A HA! We received a digital thermometer set last Saturday at a baby shower. Sorry, Benjamin. You don't get to be the first person to use your gift. A few moments later, the thermometer was unwrapped, the temperature was taken, and Jenny was 102 degrees. 

During the next 24 hours, he fever was up and down...as high as 103.7 and as low as 100.0. No medicine you can take other than Tylenol, so we were all miserable. Benjamin apparently enjoyed the extra warmth and napped all day, because he didn't move a lot. He was his old, active self today, though. Jenny says he has not stopped moving all day. 

Her fever broke around 1 AM this morning, but the rest of the symptoms are settling in. She goes to the G.P. tomorrow to see if she needs an antibiotic. We had to cancel today's appointment at the OB, but we'll go on Monday for a work-in. 

Bailey has had a stomach issue for a week or so...passing the most insanely offensive waves of flatus to ever be emitted from a living organism. So far, Annabelle and I have avoided this infectious cloud of plague that has settled over # 10 Beverly Place. Pray that it stays that way!

35 weeks and three days...it's getting close!


5 comments:

Meredith said...

Praying she feels better soon, and you can stay healthy!

Alyssa said...

I was reading along feeling quite empathetic for Jenny, and then burst out laughing at your description of Bailey.

We're currently working on creative writing in my 4th grade classroom. During this process, we discuss making your reader feel the emotion of your writing. Want to come talk to my class? ;)

Jill said...

Get well soon Jenny...and Bailey. Nothing is worse than being miserable & knowing there is nothing you can do about it. I'll pray that you will start to feel better soon!

Hillary said...

Oh yuck!! That's no good! Jenny has the worst luck with illness! I'm praying she feels better soon! And Bailey too!

Guy and Julie said...

Hope the "Casa de Bunch" all feel better soon--well before little Benjamin gets here! And I'm really sorry for Bailey, but I laughed out loud at your description of her little problem! There's nothing worse than THAT kind of problem for your dog.

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers