Last week we ran to Jonesboro for a short trip to visit my parents. We arrived late Wednesday and left about 11 on Friday, so it was basically just an all-day Thursday visit. Ben went swimming and played with his cousin, and we just hung out.
One of my favorite places to be is on my parents' back porch. My mother can't decide what to call it. Is it a porch? Is it a Veranda? I don't know - I just know it's heavenly. It stretches the entire length of the back of the house. It was really cool on Friday morning, so I grabbed my coffee, laptop, Luke and his Exersaucer and we went out to watch the golfers. The pic is from iSight so it's sort of weird and it's a mirror image.
Saturday morning Jenny had to go to a baby shower in Maumelle, so Benjamin and I decided to let Luke go with mommy and we would go to JumpZone. Jenny had a free pass - so, yay! No-charge entertainment is the best kind.
Six months ago Ben was TERRIFIED of all inflatables. Now he can't get enough of them. I'm really glad - since a good many of my Children's events involve the presence of multiple inflatables.
Following lunch, we wanted to stay in town for a bit, so we decided to join all the other tax-free crazies at the mall. We typically park in the garage and enter the men's Dillards. We hadn't been inside the store more than a few seconds when we heard the sound of a drumline. We followed the music upstairs where there was popcorn, cotton candy, and a drumline from Central High.

Ben thought they were great. Luke's eyes were HUGE as he watched them.

We found the balloon artist that hangs out at Dillard's on busy days...Be knew exactly which one he wanted.

Clapping while the balloons are twisted and tied.

Ah...the finished product! A blue and "lellow" Viking hat!

After the mall we headed over to Cupcakes on Kavanaugh...one of the many places we miss since we left the Heights. (Oh, and the balloon on his arm - one of the benefits of a daddy who is 6'6". It was hanging out on the ceiling of a store in the mall - no one was trying to get it or crying over having lost it, so I took it for him.

Nothing better than a classic vanilla.
After Cupcakes, we stopped in at Jenny's parents' for a few minutes, then headed back to Conway.
This little guy was worn out. Look at those little fat creases on his legs...Look at that precious boy. Balloon in hand.
You know it was a full day when Ben sleeps in the car.
Notice what he is sitting in. I know, I know...he's not four yet. But LOOK AT HIM. He is just huge. The car seat laws are so crazy. They are now recommending infants stay rear-facing until two years. TWO YEARS! Ben had to be turned at 10 months because his knees were crammed up to his ears.
He's been in a really heavy (thus really safe and really, really expensive) front-facing carseat since that point, and he's just dwarfing the thing. I found this model which is safe for 3 years and up and 30 pounds and up. And it was affordable! (We probably paid a little too much because we could only find it at Babies R Us...Every target in the state was out of stock on this model.
He's only 3 1/2 but he's at the 98% on his height...he looks like a kindergartener.
He didn't like it at first...stating repeatedly that "he was too low to watch his movies..."
Thankfully now he loves it. He HAS to be more comfortable than he was in the other seat.
So as I told Jenny today, now that he's in a booster and can sit in the 3rd row if we need to, we should go on and have baby number 3.
I don't think she heard me.
Funny how that works.

No comments:
Post a Comment