We celebrated Benjamin's second birthday on Saturday, with a train-themed party for our family and close friends. We used the opening room in our children's building at church, and it made for a great space for our little guy.
Speaking of outdoing themselves. The cake. Jenny's mom
went above and beyond for this one.
Notice his outfit. They're perfectly matched.
Orange is his favorite color. Or so we think, since he
calls every color orange.
Apparently Spencer makes a mess when he eats.
So he eats without clothes on!
Checking out the Kek!
For days he has been saying, "Eat Kek! Eat Kek!"
Pointing out (see above) that the front of the
train has a "B" on it.
Hugging our good friend, Lila, after opening her present.
She's an older woman, but he can crush.
I'll admit that I was not the best at taking pics this time. We have a lot, but I didn't wear myself out like I did at his first birthday. I wanted to be able to watch him and visit with people, so I just shot some as I could.
I somehow missed seeing our friend Josh as he climbed into the play tent with the kiddos. For more on that story...read here.
Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with our little man! If you don't see him out in public for a while, he's playing with his new backyard toys, sitting in his new chair, eating at his new table and chairs, dressing up like a pirate, riding his trike, laughing and dancing with his donald duck that sings "Polly Wally Doodle All the Day," playing with one of two pirate ships, making music with his band in a box, reading books, golfing, trying on new pajamas, or heading to Cupcakes on Kavanaugh for "MORE KEK!"
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Ben! :) Jenny did an AMAZING job, I am seriously impressed.
Everything is perfect!
So, I think Jenny just showed that she could make some serious cash planning birthday parties!!!! Everything looked great, I'm sure Benjamin felt very loved!!!
Spencer had a blast. His little treat bag is sitting on his wall shelf. Even Jonathan commented how Jenny's birthday banners put mine to shame, lol. I would have been hurt, but he's right. The party was a smashing success. I wonder how old our kids will be before it dawns on them all the work that goes into these things. Twenty maybe?
Post a Comment