It's a good thing we'll never have the money to buy Benjamin a brand new car for his birthday...We are so excited over his piddly little party next weekend that I don't think we could handle the excitement...
{(***Sidenote...Jenny and I both have parents who have recently moved into the light. Jenny and I love Hondas...we just can't afford to drive one right now...Pilots are too much, and CR-Vs are too small. Anyway, both of our fathers were what you might call die-hard domestic drivers. In August, after YEARS of fruitless persuasion, dad bought this for my mom...

Today, Jenny's Dad bought this for her mom...

Though our driveway doesn't hold one now, we've had two since we were married. We feel like we should extend both of our parents a "Welcome to the Family." I know Honda owners everywhere share your excitement.)}

Back to the matter at hand...
We are just about to bust a stitch over his party and it's still a week away.
My brother has purchased him a Pirate Boat for the tub...he's been saying Arrrggghhh for six months. I don't know who will be more excited when he opens it...Uncle John or Benjamin.
My parents bought him the pottery barn chair with his name on it. Jenny's parents bought him a table and chairs. Jenny and I bought him a tricycle...it's like big boy present overload.
Speaking of the tricycle...Lois, one of our favorite people at our church...in the world, in fact...asked me last week if we had any ping pong balls for a SS lesson. (A former pastor refers to her as the Holy Spirit...she's that great)
I went up to the youth center, and all of theirs were smashed...go figure. So, last Saturday evening, after nine and a half hours of exhaustion from working the last day of Upward, I headed to West Little Rock to run errands and grab ping pong balls. Let me tell you...Wal-Mart doesn't sell them. Neither does Target. So I ran to Academy. While I was in there, for some reason I walked over to the bicycles and found this...

I was JUST about to order the same one online for seventy dollars. Thanks to Lois and her ping pong balls, I saved FORTY BUCKS. IT WAS THIRTY DOLLARS! The SAME exact Tricycle.
Jenny has sewn a Happy Birthday banner, party hat, hand-sewn treat bags for his few party guests, and of course made his outfit.
We can't wait to show pics next weekend.
It's so hard to believe it has been two years since this precious day in March, 2008.
We love you so much. Happy Early Birthday, Benjamin
No comments:
Post a Comment