Instead, Ben is at Aunt Kay's with my parents and all of our extended family, and I'm sitting alone in my parents' den. Jenny woke up at 11 last night with the stomach flu. After a 3 AM trip to Walgreen's for phenergan, a 3:30 to 4:30 AM marathon cry session from Ben, who only wanted his mommy, I'm wiped.
Jenny is drugged-out in my parents' bed. Not the memorable Baby's 1st Thanksgiving we were hoping for. Guess I'll help put my parents' trees up later today after I warm up my take-out tray from Aunt Kay's...can you tell I'm feeling sorry for myself right about now?????
At least I'm not in the overly-dedicated group of golfer schmucks who pass along the cart path every few minutes. Who plays golf on Thanksgiving?
But, even in my current state of self-pity, I am most relieved and indeed thankful that they caught the madman who attacked Anne Pressly. A job well done to our local law enforcement officials. We'll all sleep a little easier tonight.
2 comments:
aww!! i'm sorry!! hope Jenny feels better!
Oh no! Hope she is feeling better soon!!
Post a Comment