Friday, November 7, 2008

My wife and the dogs were all snug in our bed...



While visions of a leaf-free yard danced through my head.


Then it rained. 

I have a long weekend this week...as a staff member, if you don't use your vacation days at our church, you lose them. So, I had yesterday off...I have the day before Thanksgiving off, and then I have a week off between Christmas and New Year's Day. WOO HOO. 

Anywho,  Ben and I started the day off by playing while Mommy slept off more of her remaining flu symptoms, and we ventured out - still in our p.j.s, to grab some starbucks. Ben + Footie p.j.s + starbucks employees & customers = traffic jam at the cream and sugar bar. 

With the morning rain, I wasn't able to get my agenda accomplished...I had planned to vaccum and bag the six inch blanket of leaves in our front yard, and wash and clean out both cars. When the rain was over and the sun dried the driveway, I was able to at least blow off the drive and the front walk. I also got the cars cleaned out, but not washed. 

So, you ask, what did I do with the rest of my day off. Well, I did what any other red-blooded 30 year-old American male would do with his day off. I re-arranged the nursery. 

I haven't been happy with it since we finished it last spring, just because when you walk in you don't see the crib and the bedding we spent so much time fretting over. 

Here's how it looks now:

Now, when you walk in, the crib catches your eye. His small dresser is also to your left as you walk in, and the chair is now over by the windows. He has three large windows grouped together, so this way he can sit in the chair with his Mommy and hopefully watch the snow fall this winter. 

So, that was my day off. This morning we have an appointment for portraits with Santa. We'll see how that goes. 

And, as I sit here on my sofa watching the crews labor in the yards of our neighborhood's more affluent residents, and see the showers of leaves falling and nullifying their efforts, I smile and think to myself, Why not wait another week or so on those leaves?

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Nursery looks great. They will love rocking and looking out the windows. As for leaves...there will be plenty more for your next day off. ;)

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers