Wednesday, May 28, 2008

RRRRRRRRRIBS.

OK, so I have never cooked ribs before. In fact, up until a couple of years ago I had never even eaten ribs before. 

For some reason, I decided Memorial Day 2008 would be the perfect time to attempt something new. Now, I'm not macho or overly mannish in any way, but something about having a son makes me want to be outside throwing a football at someone. Maybe it is my mad softball skills that I am exhibiting weekly in our church league...maybe it is the fact that 30 is approaching...I don't really know. 

Whatever the case, by golly, I was going to cook ribs. 

I let them sit all day with a pork rub on them, then I packaged them in a foil pouch and put them on the gas grill on low. About 30 minutes into the grilling, I mixed more of the rub, good old KC Masterpiece, and EVOO (for all you closet Rachel Ray watchers), and brushed that on periodically. Whatever prompted me to do this was indeed a good thing (for the rest of you who watch Martha Stewart). I present my case:

Exhibit A


Exhibit B

Exhibit C


1 comment:

Doug McPherson said...

Ahh, I see that you went with the loin back (or baby-back as they are commonly called) pork ribs. By far the best choice. They far exceed the Spare rib or St. Louis cut ribs. And dont even mention beef ribs to me!

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers