Jenny went to Dallas this weekend for a getaway with a few of her college friends. So the boys and I loaded up and went to my parents for a couple of nights.
Luke thought it would be fun to have lunch on the back porch.
Abby and Ben spent a lot of time on the golf cart.
Ben has this new thing of giving us a Thumbs-up...he does it in the pool, around the house...just his way of saying "It's all cool, mom and dad."
Luke enjoyed splashing around in Grammy's bath tub.
And I enjoyed having my coffee out here in the mornings.
I enjoyed being at my parents, but it was really, really challenging to juggle the boys alone. Luke had this suspicion that I was going to leave him, and he absolutely would not let me out of his sight. At one point my mother had to put him in his stroller and walk with us as I walked the dogs - he just coule not handle it.
This morning I managed to get all three of us ready and out of the door by about 8, so Luke and Ben had three full hours of church. Luke didn't even make it home.
This was basically the three of us this afternoon - Jenny came home and came into the bedroom and I didn't even hear her.
Single parenting. It wipes you out.
No comments:
Post a Comment