I never imagined how emotional I would be as a father - but I am so head-over-heels with these two boys that I dont know how I survived without them. Christmas was such a fun time this year. Ben was into every detail - from Tiger, his Elf on the Shelf to opening a Christmas book every day of December leading to Christmas Day - he just loved it.
It was very difficult to keep curious little Luke out of everything, but we survived with the help of a Pack and Play and Ottoman to barricade the edge of the Christmas tree.

Our Happy Boys on Christmas Eve...

Luke smiles so big when Ben holds him. It just makes these two parents melt into a big puddle.
Can we talk about their names on their bottoms???

Christmas Morning, Jenny and I were the first to wake up. We were needing to make things happen soon so that we could get ready for church - since Christmas fell on a Sunday. Ben was great to stay in his room all night and keep his eyes covered until we made it into the den.
All he could talk about was Smokey the Fire Truck, so this was the first thing he ran to. Last year it was Stinky the Garbage Truck. Gotta love boys and their toys.
Surveying the goods.
Santa was able to find this $99 activity center for $49!
Checking out the stockings. Our quirky tradition is a sock monkey each year, and the boys' bathroom is decorated in Sock Monkeys.
I love it that Little People makes play sets that are more specific - such as this Batman playset. The figurines fit in all of his other Little People sets, so if he wants to put Joker in a taxi cab, he's free to do it!
Santa must have been really, really hungry, because Ben had this plate PILED HIGH with treats.
This was kind of Luke's face throughout the day - sort of confused wonder.
It was a great day. After church we headed to Jenny's parents for the day/night, then on to my parents for several days.
This time next year Luke will be walking and talking...and I can't imagine how fun it is going to become as the years go by.
1 comment:
their names on their bottoms--yes! love that. Can I put in an order for some for Spencer next year? lol. I'll probably need to place that order closer to time.
Post a Comment