Monday, November 29, 2010

Making the Rounds

Quick Version...

Monday morning: Conway to Little Rock. Little Rock to Texarkana.

Tuesday night: Texarkana to Hazen.

Wednesday: Hazen to Little Rock and Back.

Thursday: Hazen to Lake City to Jonesboro.

Saturday: Jonesboro to Little Rock to Hazen to Conway.

The Long Version...

As you know from my previous post, I had to travel to Texarkana to be with some friends who experienced a sudden loss. As hard as it was to see them in this state, it was a really good visit. I was able to stay the night with my grandmother and visit with her and her sister.

At the service on Tuesday, I saw almost everyone who meant anything to my family throughout my childhood and teenage years. It's hard to go home now that my parents have moved away, but it was so nice to see so many faces and reconnect with old friends.

Wednesday, Jenny and I decided to try to trade in her car. I have been looking for a used Suburban or Expedition, and I had found one that I wanted in North Little Rock. I had just noticed a few days earlier that it had been on their lot since September. I was apparently a day late...they had just sent it to auction. So, the search continues. We have until the spring. Our car is simply not big enough for a family of four...especially when one of those members is 78 inches tall.

We had a WONDERFUL meal with Jenny's parents and sister on Wednesday evening. Her father's church was trying something new on Thanksgiving, so we had our meal a day early.

Thursday we traveled to my Dad's side for the annual Bunch Thanksgiving Lunch. All six of the brothers and sisters were there, so it was really great for my grandfather (who is 93 and kicking).

Friday, Jenny and I did a little Christmas shopping in the morning, and then my mom and I shopped for a few things that evening.

Saturday we headed back to Little Rock to get the dogs before the kennel closed at noon. Our poor four-legged children had been in the kennel since Monday, and since the vet doesn't open on Sunday we decided to hurry back and get them.

That afternoon we went back to Hazen for lunch with Jenny's Dad's side of the family. We put Benjamin down for a nap at the beginning of the Arkansas/LSU game and THANKFULLY he slept until the fourth quarter...a true blessing as loud as we were during the game.

Last night we ran a few errands and went to Lowe's to pick out a tree. This year's tree is smaller than normal since we are in transition and moving again in a few weeks. YEA for a House. Yea for Three bedrooms. YEA YEA YEA for a fenced-in yard again. We have been blessed to have a place to stay while we learned our way around Conway, but it will be SO NICE to be settled with all of our things.

HOPEFULLY we will be in and unpacked by January 4 and can watch the Razorbacks in the Sugar Bowl (again, hopefully) in our new home.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

YEA for a house! I know y'all must be desperate for a fence--we sure would be.

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers