Nothing says country like the annual Prarie County Rice Festival in Hazen, Arkansas (Jenny's dad is the pastor of First Baptist, Hazen). Tractor parades, funnel cakes, corn dogs and fried oreos. It's about the only time you actually see who lives in the town...I guess the rest of the time they're tuning up their tractors and harvesting their rice.
Small town life at its finest.

Ben waving at one of what must have been forty John Deere Tractors.

He loved meeting Smokey the Bear.

Later that evening, we got him all dressed-up for their church's annual Trunk or Treat. I love this pic. Carseat, bunnies, friendsley (what he calls his blanket) and his Elmo costume. Classic.
Ready to head into the action...

Jenny's sister dresses up as a Queen Bee, and her dogs as little worker bees. Yes, they stay in their "Hive" while she pushes them around. It's really a sight.

Ben's friend Noble. Jenny's parents have been friends with his grandparents for ages. Jenny and his mom, Jennifer were best friends for years. Did I mention Jennifer and I dated for a while? Small world, huh?
And Elmo with his girlfriend, Sophie. Sophie's grandmother is one of Ben's Grandmother's close friends in Hazen...and whenever Ben is there for a day or two, he has at least one date with Sophie.

Ben with his Pippi...Wilma Flintstone. The pic doesn't do their car justice...the wind had altered it a bit by this point. It was really cute.
Love that face.
We're about to head out for round two with some friends here in Conway. More pics later!
2 comments:
What a handsome Elmo! :)
I'm so thankful you got a picture of Noble!
(and smokey the bear - Noble hasn't stopped talking about him)
Noble just isn't as brave as Ben.
Post a Comment