This weekend I watched Last Chance Harvey on Encore, and I realized that London would be an incredibly beautiful place to visit in the fall. I went in late spring/early Summer, but I think if I ever go again I'll try it out in autumn.
Jenny and I are going to Chicago in mid November with another couple...just for a weekend getaway before the holidays and the third trimester and all of that. I am thinking of that trip often and wishing for cooler days which has prompted me to list my top ten favorite things about fall. And yes, I know it's not even Labor Day yet. But I can dream, can't I?
10. Party Mix (AKA Chex Mix)...though I typically like this more in the December - February months, it makes an appearance in my mother's kitchen somewhere around October.
9. Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. I don't drink it often. Maybe two to four times a month.
8. Seeing Benjamin in layered shirts and his little jeans.
7. Walks with Jenny and Benjamin outside and around town. Jenny's eyes have this extra little sparkle when there is a chill in the air. It's always been one of my favorite things about her.
6. Pumpkin bread. My recipe makes three loaves, so I usually give two away. You want to stay on my good list for this reason.
5. Being able to wash and clean out the cars without suffering from heat exhaustion.
4. Listening to Christmas music. I start around October 1.
3. Simplified wardrobe choices. Shorts when it's cool, jeans when it's cold, and almost every day a North Face pullover.
2. Pots of mums and piles of pumpkins on the porch and steps, and our fall decorations out in the house.
1. Razorback Football.
3 comments:
#7 is precious. #1, heck yes! I can't wait for fall! Hope y'all are doing grea!
that's supposed to be great*!
dude...why have we never received pumpkin bread???? i LOVE anything pumpkin! :)
Post a Comment