Today I faxed a form to the editor of a local publication we use for advertising on a regular basis. The form was in regards to Vacation Bible School, and when asked what activities would be offered, I used the abbreviation REC.
Recreation. Come on, now. Recreation...doesn't everyone know that?
The more I thought about it, the more I realized...we have our own lanuage, with its own associated abbreviations.
My response to the editor is below. Verily I say to ye, "Enjoy." Be ye of Baptist or any other persuasion.
Recreation. You must not be Baptist.
Here's a list of other helpful hints for your use...if you need more help I could also find you a copy of the Baptist Faith and Message
FLC = Family Life Center (Aka GYM)
FH = Fellowship Hall (every Baptist Church has one of these)
FC = Fried Chicken
FF = Fish Fry
WR = Weekly Receipts
Ketchup Sunday = Folks are behind in their givin and we're a lettin em know
BS = Ain't your typical load of bull...just Bible Study
ICS = Ice Cream Social...with our without PS
PS = Pie Social
CG = Church Grounds
VBS = Vacation Bible School
"Join us for VBS kick-off immediately following BS. Registration begins with FC in the FH followed by REC in the FLC. Soon as we're finished we'll have an ICS with PS on the CG.
We're a hopin' that WR will increase during VBS if we don't have any ambulance fees or medical costs associated with REC. If our WR stay the same, then we'll have extended BS for the four weeks following VBS to inforce the need for weekly tithes, just before Ketchup Sunday which will be followed by FF and PS in the FH."
1 comment:
I have to admit...even after being Baptist for several years now...I still find it hard to write/type "BS" for Bible Study! :)
Post a Comment