The weekend began with Jenny receiving her Valentine from me via eBay and the US Postal Service...actually it wasn't a Valentine at all, just an accessory she was wanting for her sewing machine. I had been looking for one and finally won a good bid from a seller. It arrived just in time to make her weekend.
Friday night we had dinner with Jenny's parents and sister, and then came back to our house to enjoy the cupcakes Ben's Pippi had made for us all. Who doesn't love a cupcake?
His Valentine from Pippi and Poppa
Saturday morning we headed to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party for one of the girls from church. Benjamin has only been to Chuck's once, and he was just a year. He accompanied my kids on one of the summer events at church. This time, he was big enough to run around and make us panic amidst the hundreds of other people there...but still not quite where he enjoyed the games. He was quite amused when old Chuck made his appearance, though.
"Dad, what happened to all the balls? Make 'em come back!"
He kept taking the balls and throwing them up the wrong machine...
Basketball. Daddy set a new high score.
He is definitely saying, "Chuck..."
SIDE NOTE: We now basically only give books to children for gifts. I love Ben's books, and I know all of his friends love their books. Who doesn't love a book? Anyway, to the little girl at today's party (as well as the one whose party we missed last week...we gave "Too Purpley." It's precious. Perfect for a little 2 or 3 year-old.
Saturday night, we gave the parents of 43 kids a date night...our monthly Kid's Night Out. Since we didn't have a night away, Jenny's parents kept Ben on Sunday evening so we could go out. I will say that at least a dozen different members of the church asked if they could keep him on Sunday so we could go out...what can I say...we're loved.
Sunday morning he opened his present from Grammy and Granddad and Mommy and Daddy. Rain boots. The kid's all about stomping. And frogs seemed to be the theme for this year. He LOVES them. I'm not sure how we managed to keep him from wearing them to church.
I'm ordering the matching coat for his birthday. Currently they're out of his size...
Our 23 month-old is in a size EIGHT!!! (Well, not technically, but he wouldn't have lasted long with a seven and they don't come in half-sizes).
Frog Boots and a Giant Stuffed Frog. Life doesn't get much better.
Actually, yes it does.
Sunday evening we went to Macaroni Grill (I know...how mundane). The problem was, all of the nice restaurants in LR had special menus for V-Day, and I don't like to be told what to order...mainly because I order the same thing every time depending on where we go. Anyway, it was wonderful...maybe even better that we had to wait a half hour. We were able to just sit and talk. Without chasing the wild man. And we people watched. Nothing like Little Rock and Valentine's Day to bring out the alternative lifestylers. It was hilarious.
After that, we went to see Valentine's Day...not a bad flick. Somewhat reminiscent of "She's Just Not That Into You," but better I think. Ended the evening with what we thought would be a nice quiet visit to Starbucks. Where the barista informed us, "We're closing in ten minutes." Oh well...we sat while we could.
Woke up Monday morning, had coffee in bed, and watched the today show without having to bounce back and forth between NBC and Nick Jr. before going in late to work...all in all, a great Valentine's Day Weekend full of work, family, and spending quality time with my wonderful wife.
No comments:
Post a Comment