Monday, June 15, 2009

Lillian Williams
1920-2009

Yesterday evening as I was driving home from church, Jenny's dad called to tell me that her grandmother had suffered a massive stroke and was in the ER. Jenny and I called our friends Hillary and Josh who rushed over to keep Benjamin while Jenny and I dashed to the hospital.

She was put on a ventilator until all three of her children arrived. Once they had, the decision was made to let her go. She breathed on her own for around eight more hours, and then let go this morning, just before 6 AM.

It's sad to know that Benjamin will never remember her, but we'll have stories to tell. In fact, I just returned home from Jenny's aunt Carolyn's house, where we all laughed about her adventures, and escapades through the years. Everyone was asked to sum her up in one word - words that will be used in her memorial service on Wednesday. Lots came to mind - faithful, seamstress, colorful, fashionable...slow-eater...

Personally, I think she was just what her name implied.

She was Grand.


2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh Jenny, I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you guys this week. Let me know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

Hey add me to your private list if you have room. We are going private too...I think its a good idea!

Watch me Grow...

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Me Too...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers